Saturday, July 16, 2011

Building the VR 10000 Gallon Water Tank Stand Pt 2


Well after months of “thinking” AKA “procrastinating” in 24 hrs I’ve now built the bulk of the water tank!

I always considered the difficult part of this project to be the tank itself. I have been looking around for suitable cylindrical objects to cut down... to little effect except collect more “stuff”.

I had considered ”rolling up” some styrene...I even had a suitable product from the N Scale Architect http://www.thenarch.com/products/small-welded-plate-ho-n... but still the procrastination continued

After last night’s success with the stand this morning I gave it a go, and I’m very pleased with the result!
I still plan to do this as an etched kit “some day” but now Nowa Nowa has a water tank!

Prototype then model so far... still some work to do but looking the part!






No comments:

Post a Comment