Sunday, December 26, 2010

Loading Docks Scenery

DISCLAIMER I intend to stock the MiniNatur products

Well today I tried out the "MiniNatur" products http://www.mininatur.de/silhouette_home.php?lang=en which are distributed in Australia via Orient Express in Adelaide, and available in hobby shops across Australia (If they choose to stock it).

I used 717-24 Short Tufts late fall, 717-23 Short tufts early fall and 737-23 Karst tufts.

First I finished the base around the loading docks using grout colour. This has a nice range of colours and gives a bit of texture. Over this I applied the Tamiya Diorama Texture Paint "Soil Effect" (this stuff is expensive, but a little goes a long way and has good colours and texture). This is the end effect.


I then added the various miniNatur products.




This looked really good, but I wasn't happy with so much dirt showing, it looked too much like the outback, not Nowa Nowa!

So I then ran more white glue around and sprinkled on Woodlands Scenics Fine Turf "Earth" to act as the forest litter, and a little bit of green... this is now looking really good!





Now to build a few trees :(

Cheers

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment